INTRODUCTION TO SAR
- The Introduction to Search and Rescue (ISAR)/SARTECH III course is designed to provide knowledge concerning the general responsibilities, skills, abilities, and the equipment needed by persons who would be participating in a search or rescue mission.
FUNDAMENTALS OF SAR
- The Fundamentals of Search and Rescue (FUNSAR) course is the second, intermediate level of NASAR courses. It provides knowledge concerning the general responsibilities, skills, abilities, and the equipment needed by persons who are assigned to field operations during a SAR mission.
- Advanced Search and Rescue (ADSAR) is a NASAR course designed to educate the experienced field searcher in preparation for working as a crew leader on a search. This course expands on the knowledge and skills taught in the intermediate level FUNSAR course.
MANAGING THE LOST PERSON INCIDENT
- The Managing the Lost Person Incident (MLPI) course is designed to teach the essential knowledge and skills necessary to perform as the initial response Incident Commander on a lost person incident with the primary focus on the Search element of SAR.
- The Urban Search Management (USM) course is designed to teach students the essential knowledge and skills necessary manage missing person searches in the urban environment. This course will prepare managers and search personnel for the specific tasks and special techniques needed for searching in the urban setting.